How Do You Clean a Vape Pen Coil?Youmeit Official
Owning a vape pen makes vaping easy and enjoyable. If yours came with replaceable coils, it’s important to know how to keep them working properly.
Table of Contents
What Is a Vape Pen Coil, and What Does It Do?
The vape coil is the part of your vape pen that heats the juice. It’s like a coil on an electric stove. It produces even heat and turns vape juice into vapor.
Coils are critical to a good vape experience. A high-quality coil is a key to delivering the full flavor of a juice and creating large clouds.
To get the most from your coils:
- Use the brand of coil designed for your vape pen. Never mix brands of devices and coils.
- Change the resistance. Coils come in different resistance levels, and each level affects the vape experience differently.
- Check your wattage. Look for coils designed to work with your favorite wattage levels.
- Prime the coil before you vape. Do this by placing a drop of e-juice on the coil before you turn on the device.
Why Is It Important To Keep Your Coils Clean?
Poor coil life is one of the biggest complaints among vape users. New coils are expensive, and constantly replacing them is a pain.
A clean coil produces the best flavor and clouds from your device. Cleaning a coil is one of the best things you can do to improve coil performance. It’s also the best way to extend the life of your coil.
Cleaning Your Coils Extends Their Life
First, remember that you can’t clean the coils on a pod mod device. The refillable pods come with built-in coils that you throw away when you toss the used pod.
If you have a vape pen, mod vape, or another device with replaceable coils, it makes sense to clean the coils instead of constantly replacing them. In this guide, we’ll show you how to clean even the most gunked-up coil.
How To Clean a Vape Pen Coils: A Step-by-Step Guide
Items you will need:
- Sturdy plastic bowl.
- A small bottle of cheap vodka.
- Hot water.
- Old towel or soft cloth rag.
Steps to clean your vape pen coil:
- Fill the bowl with vodka.
- Remove your coils, and drop them into the bowl of vodka.
- Soak the coils for about 24 hours.
- Gently shake the bowl a few times each day to agitate the cleaning solution.
- As the day goes on, you’ll see black flecks rising to the surface.
- Remove the coils, and rinse them in hot water.
- Place them on a soft rag or cloth to dry. Let them dry for at least 24 hours.
- Use the coils only when they’re completely dry. Before you vape, prime the coils by placing a drop of e-juice on them.
Note: You can use hot water in the bowl instead of vodka, but it will take longer to clean the coils. Vodka is better at removing sugary gunk.
Alternative Method: Use a Jewelry Cleaner
An ultrasonic jewelry cleaner is excellent for cleaning vape coils. It dissolves built-up gunk and requires only tap water. Follow the instructions on the cleaner, and you’ll have sparkling clean coils in just a few hours.
How Long Do Vape Coils Typically Last?
There’s no hard and fast rule for determining how long a coil will last. The answer depends on several factors, including the brand of the coil, the temperature you set your device at, how often you vape, and the type of juice you use. Highly sweetened, sugary vapes, for instance, wear coils out more quickly than tobacco, fruit or milk-flavored vape juices do.
That said, regularly cleaning your coils can double their lifespan. Clean them weekly, and you’ll enjoy fresh, clean coils that deliver consistently good flavor.
You will know it’s time for a new coil when you get a burnt flavor while vaping. If your coils seem to burn out quickly, you may need to adjust how you’re vaping.
Can I Buy Replacement Coils for Suorin Devices?
Even with regular cleaning, vape coils won’t last forever. When you need to replace them, it’s easy to do it online. If you have a Suorin device like Suorin Trident, trio85, or Suorin Air Mod pod kit, you can order replacement coils directly from the Youmeit shop