Why is My Vape Pen Blinking?
Vape pens are fun and easy to use. Vape pens are small, battery-operated devices that deliver nicotine with flavorings and other chemicals to the user in a vapor. They are also called e-cigarettes, vape pens, e-cigs, electronic cigarettes, or vaporizer cigarettes.
Vape pens are usually inhaled like cigarettes. Most vape pen devices have three parts: a rechargeable battery, a heating element, and a cartridge or tank. Your battery powers the device's heating element, which turns the liquid in the cartridge into vapor.
However, when you get one, you may be confused by the vape pen charging lights. What do they mean, and what are they for? Here's a quick guide to vape penlights.
In this guide:
- 5 Reasons Your Vape Device Is Blinking
- Why does my Vape Pen Blink when Charging?
- Vape Pen Battery Light Colors
- Vape Pen Battery Won't Turn On
- What Are the Best Disposable Vape Pens?
5 Reasons Your Vape Device Is Blinking
If your vape devices' light is blinking, don't panic as it's probably not broken. Blinking lights don't always mean your vape pen is damaged. But, depending on the color of the light, it can be a warning sign.
Here are five (5) main reasons why your vape device blinks.
- The battery is low or dying. Your vape pen will blink to warn you that it needs recharging.
- You locked the fire button. Some devices have a lock feature that prevents accidental firing. If you hit it by mistake, your pen won't fire.
- The tank is too loose or too tight. A tank that is too loose can cause your vape pen to leak, and a tank that is too tight can cause the airflow to be restricted. Double-check the tank to make sure it's on correctly.
- Your device is full of gunk. Vape gunk is the residue that's left behind from vaping. It can clog up your pen and make it difficult to use. Gunk can build up on the connection between the tank and the atomizer. A good cleaning will help.
- You dropped your device and broke an internal component. Please take it to a professional for repairs. However, there are instances when this happens, you may need a new device.
Why does my Vape Pen Blink when Charging?
It's normal for your vape pen to blink when charging. The light will usually turn green when it's done, but some devices continue flashing red while charging. This means it's getting the charge it needs.
Vape Pen Blinking 3 Times
If your vape pen blinks three times, it's telling you that there's something wrong with the battery. This may indicate that the connection between the battery and the atomizer is bad. Check to see if anything is loose, and if not, try replacing the atomizer.
Vape Pen Blinking 5 Times
If your vape pen blinks five times, the battery is low and needs to be recharged.
Vape Pen Blinking 10 Times
If your vape pen blinks 10 times, the atomizer is short-circuiting. This usually happens when the coil is damaged or a bad connection. First, check the coil and see if it needs to be replaced. If not, try cleaning the connections.
Vape Pen Blinking 15 Times
If your vape pen blinks 15 times, the battery is over-discharged and needs to be recharged.
Vape Pen Battery Light Colors: What They Mean
Most vape devices come with indicator lights in assorted colors. Some are warning lights that tell you when it's time to recharge your device and when it's ready.
This means that your vape needs recharging. Depending on the manufacturer, you may see one long blink or a series of short blinks. In general, a red light means a low battery.
A blinking white light usually means that your device is turned on and working correctly. If it's a new device, the light may blink until the tank is full of juice.
If your device is blinking blue, its battery is at medium power.
Fully charged vape devices usually display blinking green lights.
Other devices come with indicators that show you how to set different power levels. For instance, some pod mods have indicator lights that show red for low power, blue for medium power, and green for full power. By pressing the light five times, you can change the power level.
Why Is My Vape Pen Blinking Blue?
Blinking blue light means your battery is at medium level. Many vape devices begin operating at medium power when the battery level drops. It blinks blue to let you know you should recharge it soon.
Why Is My Vape Pen Blinking Green?
When you're charging your vape pen, remember that green means go. The vape pen charging light will turn green when it's fully charged.
Why Is My Vape Pen Blinking Red?
A vape that's blinking red needs to be recharged. Some vapes continue blinking red while they're charging. This lets you know it's getting the charge it needs. When it's fully charged, your device light should turn green.
Vape Pen Battery Won't Turn On
If your vape pen won't turn on, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- The battery is dead. Simply charge your battery.
- Your tank is empty. Fill it up with juice and try again.
- You didn't press the fire button long enough. Try pressing and holding the button for a few seconds.
- There may be something wrong with the connection between the tank and the atomizer. Check to see if they're screwed on correctly.
- The airflow may be blocked. Make sure nothing is blocking the airflow holes.
- Your device may be locked. Check the user manual to see how to unlock it.
If none of these solutions work, take your device to a professional for repairs.
What Are the Best Disposable Vape Pens?
Choose from a highly rated vape manufacturer if you want a vape pen that won't let you down. These disposables are reliable and ready to go when you are. A typical disposable has 1,000 puffs, which corresponds to about half a pack of cigarettes if you're vaping steadily. If you only draw from it a few times a day, it may last as long as a full pack.
Always make sure you have enough vape juice or disposables on hand to get through your trip or social outing. At the YouMeIt store, you'll enjoy savings when you order disposables in packs.
The VFun is perfect for parties and other social events. It's a colorful disposable that lights up with full-color LED flashes. Playful designs and icy, fruity flavors add to the fun of using this disposable. Flavors include strawberry banana, strawberry kiwi, grape ice, and blueberry lychee.
- 1,000-puff capacity
- Cartridge holds 3.2 ml
- Food-grade rubber mouthpiece
- Ready to use out of the box
- Available in 15 flavors
With five times the puff life of a typical disposable, the Bravo Max is a disposable you can rely on all day and night. Made by Quawins, the maker of the VFun, it is a high-quality disposable in an attractive package. It is also rechargeable. While it has an extra-large cartridge, it's still small enough to carry discreetly in a purse or pocket. Enjoy fun flavors like watermelon ice, blueberry lemon, and yogurt ice cream.
- 5,000-puff capacity
- Cartridge holds 12 ml
- Rechargeable, internal 800mAh battery
- Type-C charging
- Available in 10 flavors
This disposable features 5% nicotine salts and tight airflow for a smooth, powerful throat hit. It's made by VapeJoy, which is one of the best-known vape manufacturers. This long-lasting disposable is ready to use and easy to carry anywhere. The stylish design and fun flavors make this one you won't want to leave at home.
- 1,500-puff capacity
- Cartridge holds 5.5 ml
- Internal 1000mAh battery
- Narrow airflow opening
- Available in 12 flavors
Our Picks for Easy-to-Use Vapes
Vape pens are a great way to save money while still enjoying your favorite flavors. At YouMeIt, we have a wide selection of vape pens and disposables from the best manufacturers like Suorin and Quawins. We offer competitive prices and fast shipping.
If you're looking for the best vape devices or disposables at the most affordable prices, visit the YouMeIt online shop.