How Long Do Refillable Vape Cartridges/Pods Last?
Vape devices with refillable pods are economical and convenient. You can fill them with e-juice instead of buying a closed, prefilled mod. These devices make vaping enjoyable, but it’s important to know how long they last.
In this article, we’ll look at refillable cartridges for so-called pod vapes or pod mods. These devices use pods you fill with your own vape juice. We’ll also offer pointers on prolonging the life of your pods.
- How Long Do Most Refillable Pods Last?
- When Do You Have To Replace Your Pod?
- Signs You Need a Fresh Pod
- How To Make Pods and Cartridges Last Longer
- Stock Up on Pods
- What You Need To Know
- Where Can You Buy Replacement Pods?
How Long Do Most Refillable Pods Last?
If you have a new pod mod, you’re probably wondering how long it will last. It’s difficult to give an exact number, however, because many things affect that number. If you only vape a few times during the day or take shallow puffs, you’ll get longer life than someone who inhales deeply all day.
In general, a filled pod lasts about two days for the typical user. If you take your pod mod when you go out somewhere, it’s a good idea to bring a small bottle of e-juice with you. It’s never fun to be out on the town with no juice.
When Do You Have To Replace Your Pod?
After refilling your pod a few times, you may wonder how often you need to exchange it for a new one.
That, too, depends on how you vape and the type of juice you use. That said, most pod mods have a similar shelf life. They last about a month with regular, daily use.
Your use may vary depending on how often you use, how deeply you inhale, and other factors, but that gives you a good ballpark figure
Signs You Need a Fresh Pod
Once you start vaping, you’ll get a good sense of how long your pods last. You’ll know you need to replace it when:
- You get a dry hit, which means the coil is burnt. A dry hit has a sour, burnt taste. When it hits, you’ll know it.
- The juice doesn’t produce any flavor. A dirty or worn pod won’t heat the vape juice well enough to pull flavor from it.
- You’re not getting much cloud production. Pod mods don’t generally produce big clouds, but if your production is especially low, your pod may be on its last puffs.
How To Make Pods and Cartridges Last Longer
Many vapers wonder if there are ways to make a refillable cartridge last longer. Fortunately, you can prolong the life of a refillable pod or cartridge. Using these tips will help you squeeze a little more life out of your refillable devices.
- Clean the pod or cartridge. Yes, you can clean a refillable pod, even on a pod mod. Use these tips to keep your device and cartridge clean.
- Clean the coil. Some modern pod mods have separate coils. If yours has them, you can clean the coils to remove buildup and make them last longer. All you need is rubbing alcohol or cheap vodka.
- Avoid sugary e-juices. Dessert-flavored vape juices are delicious, but they can burn out your cartridge coils.
Stock Up on Pods
If you’re using a pod mod, it is smart to stock up on replacement pods. If you run out of fresh pods, you won’t be able to use your device. Ordering online is an excellent way to get replacements, but it can take a few days to get your orders. What do you do in the meantime?
Don’t return to smoking. It’s better to use a disposable e-cigarette or a closed pod system that’s available at your local convenience store. Do this while you wait for your order, and avoid future problems by ordering a supply of your device’s matching pods.
What You Need To Know
To sum up what we’ve covered here:
- A refillable pod may last one or two days before you must refill it.
- You should replace the pod with a new one after about a month.
- Keeping your pod clean prolongs its life and improves vape flavor.
Where Can You Buy Replacement Pods?
You can buy replacement pods for some devices at your neighborhood vape shop, but the selection may be limited. You can’t be sure they stock your brand, and pods are not interchangeable.
To ensure you can find the right pods for your device, order them online. The YouMeIt store stocks all your favorite pod mods and refillable pods.